For information on the Reality 2.0 fictional location itself, see this article.
|Musical number||Useful To Boot|
|Release date||March 29, 2007 (GameTap), April 12, 2007 (Telltale Shop), April 9, 2007 (for subscribers)|
While Sam and Max are discussing over Max's new presidency (all laws are giant-robot based), they get a call from The Commissioner saying that computers all over the world are going haywire due to nationwide electronic surges; one of the biggest being in their neighborhood! Next door, they find Sybil jumping around with strange glasses, but Max can't punch her with his boxing glove, as she is too energetic. Seeing that Sybil may hypnotized, Sam and Max, with some detective skills, steal a cannon from Jimmy Two-Teeth, who is hanging in Bosco's store. They stuff Two-Teeth into the cannon and shoot him at Sybil, causing her strange glasses to come off.
Sybil reveals that Sam and Max just got her suspended from her new job, which is being a beta tester (bascially game tester) of a video game, and on her first day. Revealing that it was actually her first day, Sam and Max tell her that its actually been 5 days and she's lost track of time. She tells them that the game she is playing is Reality 2.0- an online adventure game made by "some COPS". Sam and Max go to The COPS' location, curious as to what is Reality 2.0. The C.O.P.S., or "Computer Obsolence Prevention Society", are apparently creators of the game. Sam and Max quickly fix the goggles with their help, and enter Reality 2.0.
They quickly discover that this game is intended to hypnotize players into never wanting to leave; due to Sam's built-in hypnosis helmet and Max's "hyperkineticy", they can't be hypnotized. The Internet quickly reveals herself as their guide. They find themselves in a virtual real-word simulation that directly crosses their world with its. Bosco's Inconvenience, Sybil's office, S&M's Office & The C.O.P.S.'s office; they are all virtual versions of their real world. Sam and Max discover that Bosco has moved his whole store online, and that the only way to get in is to enter a password that Bosco refuses to give. By translating some Reality 2.0-only items into real items, they find the password... after using The Internet Wizard's help and defeating a strange puzzle do they succeed in investing it. Bosco gives them a new item, a simple snot rag which is called a virus. It is actually an extremely powerful computer-destroying virus.
But they can't deliver it in the mailbox as Auntie Biotic (looking very similar to a familiar face) is guarding the mailbox from anything going through. Her +2 Armor makes it impossible for any -2 weapons to work. After getting 5 Gold Coins (3 from the sky, one from Sybil's and one from Jimmy Two-Teeth) do they succeed in buying Bosco's "Wooden Long Sword of Intense Longness"; this allows them to defeat the Blue Slime, allowing them to take the +2 Sword. Combined with a Toy Mafia popup, they can defeat Biotic, thus allowing them to mail the virus into Reality 2.0.
But that's not it. The Internet announces that its going to kill all now that its reality has been destroyed. Sam and Max find themselves in "Reality 1.5."; a TEXT-ADVENTURE GAME! Everything they do has to be triggered by a choice of up to a few options. They have to defeat a strange and very mysterious being called "the Shambling Corporate Presence" by sending nauseating items from Sybil's into Bosco's store, thus allowing them to defeat this strange monster, and return The Internet's "Respect for Living Things" from it back to the internet. They return to the world, but not before The Internet mentions that this is Roy G. Biv's doing... As they think in confusion, the camera points at the Moon!
- Sam - The unofficial Freelance Police leader who alongside Max is sent to destroy the Internet.
- Max - Sam's best friend who aids him in the trial of destroying Reality 2.0.
- The Commissioner - Unseen & unheard, calls Sam & Max to assign them there case at the start of the episode; destroy the Internet.
- The Bug - A Computer Bug still sticking with Sam & Max after purchase in The Mole, the Mob, and the Meatball.
 Neutral Characters
- Hubert - The office plant.
- Mr Spatula - The goldfish for the office who becomes vice-president.
- Leonard Steakcharmer - Still spending his life in the closet after The Mole, the Mob, and the Meatball.
- Sybil Pandemik - Beta tester (and later user) of Reality 2.0.
- Bosco - Player of Reality 2.0 who charges Sam & Max 1 Billion Dollars for a germ, and 5 Gold Coins for a sword.
- Jimmy Two-Teeth - A player of Reality 2.0, who holds a Gold Coin.
- The C.O.P.S. - A few of the many computers working on Reality 2.0. Introduce Sam & Max into it, and control the user width, user height, gravity, pop-up ads & "musak" in Reality 2.0.
- The Internet Wizard - Looking exactly like Hugh Bliss, talks to those who pass him in Reality 2.0.
- The Internet - Sam & Max's guide throughout their playing of Reality 2.0 and the main antagonist of the episode.
- Auntie Biotic - Guarding the mailbox from people trying to email letters.
- Shambling Corporate Presence - Appears in Reality 1.5; never revealed until Ice Station Santa.
- Roy G. Biv is a mnemonic for the colors of the rainbow -- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet -- which serves as a hint as to the identity of the mysterious figure.
- Completing this episode gives you a 20G Achievement on the XBox 360.