Sam & Max Hit the Road is a graphical adventure game, originally developed and released by LucasArts in 1993 for DOS and in 1995 for Macintosh computers, being their ninth game to use the SCUMM adventure game engine. A Windows version of the game was later developed by Aaron Giles and released in 2002. It was written and designed by Steve Purcell along with Sean Clark, Collette Michaud and Michael Stemmle and commonly applauded for its substantial amount of humor.
The story follows Sam and Max across a kitsch, tourist trap pastiche of America (featuring such locales as The World's Largest Ball of Twine and the Mystery Vortex) in search of an escaped bigfoot. Read more...
This preview has been randomly selected from a list maintained by our editors at Template:Random featured article. Every time you visit our site, you should see a different preview here.
This image has been randomly selected from the 816 images in our database. Each time you visit our site, you should see a new image here. For more information about it, click directly on the image. The resulting page will detail when it was uploaded, by whom, and often overview which articles use that particular image. Have fun!
- October 30, 2015: The collected Sam & Max: Surfin' the Highway paperback and a Sam & Max holiday card available from the Cartoon Art Museum.
- October 28, 2014: Sam & Max Hit the Road is re-released for Windows, Mac, and Linux on GOG.com
- October 27, 2013: Steve Purcell art exhibit to open on November 2 in the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco
- April 24, 2013: Poker Night 2 released. (source)
- April 1, 2013: Poker Night 2 announced. (source)
- March 27, 2013: Leaked images imply Poker Night 2 forthcoming, featuring Sam. (source)
- March 12, 2013: Sam's hat added as TF2 item. Connection with new game speculated on.
- January 26, 2012: Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space being ported to iOS; Ice Station Santa now out. (source)
- October 8, 2011: SuperbowserX is now an admin.
- August 16, 2011: Season Two coming to iPad. (source)
- May 9, 2011: Lace Mamba to bring The Devil's Playhouse to retail in August. (source)
- January 5, 2011: We're trying out a fanstuff section. Please help out.
- November 22, 2010: Poker Night at the Inventory released.
- November 2, 2010: Steve Purcell starts Sam & Max Blog.